Tutorials provide step-by-step instructions on building sample applications or demostrating various platform features. In many cases, tutorials are linked to accompanying technical articles which provide background information for the tutorial and an overview of the general topic.
Tutorials cover a wide range of topics, including connecting a device to the platform, writing business rules or defining web services on the platform, and connecting Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) and enterprise applications to the platform.
Here are some good places to start, depending on your interest:
- A Hello World tutorial provides an introduction to calling a Groovy script from a web service;
- Creating Expression Rules explains how to write business rules on the platform;
- Building a Sample Agent (in C#) introduces the standard way to connect assets to the platform;
- Understanding the Get Started Application demonstrates a Flash application calling a web service on the Platform;
- Creating a Geo-fence introduces location-based services (and a .NET application).